A brief timeline of CP’s history.
- Community Pharmacy celebrates 40 years!
- Community Pharmacy extends its resources to the wider community.Offering an online catalog, store news, original articles by CP staff and local practitioners and archived information from our newsletter, Infused.
- Community Pharmacy is renovated.All products are moved onto a fully accessible and expanded first floor, while the second floor is converted to office and meeting space.
- Staff drops “WSA” from the store’s name, changing it to Community Pharmacy.
- Store achieves cooperative statusAfter exploring various management styles over the years, staff implements a team-managed structure. This same year, the store achieves cooperative status.
- The Pharmacy moves to its current location at 341 State Street.The new space is able to accommodate a larger pharmaceutical dispensary area, a wider range of alternative health care products, and an expanded selection of natural body care products.
- Vitamins, homeopathics, and herbs are added to the store’s shelves in order to offer a larger variety of health care products to customers.
- The Pharmacy’s workers assume ownership and turn to a collective business structure.
- The UW-Madison Wisconsin Student Association (WSA) opens a volunteer-staffed pharmacy to provide the community with health care information and affordable prescription medication.